Along with our low-maintenance composite decking, we also supply BetterJoist- high-quality pressure treated timber which is imported from the US. This timber is intended for use as the sub-frame of the deck and is fully rated for ground contact. The preservative in our joists has complete penetration to the centre of the timber, unlike the Irish-treated timber which typically has 3mm preservative penetration. As anyone in the industry will tell you, Irish pressure-treated timber is of a comparatively low standard. We are the first and only supplier of this high-quality pressure-treated timber in the Irish market today, reassuring our customers that the BetterDeck name is the leader in our industry.
With BetterJoist you get
- All pressure treated timber is continuously third party tested and labelled for traceability purposes. Click here for ESR 2240 test report.
- Kiln dried before and after treatment, leaving our timber stable and easy to work with.
- All of BetterJoist timber is rated for ground contact. (Use class 4+)
- A high-quality softwood timber from sustainable forests in North America.
- Pressure-treated timber with 100% penetration of MicroPro® preservative.
- MicroPro® revolutionary preservative is a non-toxic, eco-friendly preservative.
- MicroPro® preservative does not corrode galvanised fixings like other preservatives do.
- The high-quality Southern Yellow Pine, known for its strength and durability, means it can span wider widths without support. (Strength Class C24)
- BetterJoist is engineered to last decades longer than the standard Irish pressure-treated timber.